Published by Ahmad Jamal on November 15, 2022 | Last updated on May 13, 2023
A bathroom is one of the most frequently used rooms in a home. It’s also one of the most difficult to clean properly. That’s why it’s time to create a bathroom cleaning kit that will make the task much more accessible!
In this CleanersAdvisor guide, we will outline seven essential steps for putting together your very own bathroom cleaning kit. By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to clean your bathroom in no time at all!
- Why creating your bathroom cleaning kit is necessary
- Steps on how to make your bathroom clean
Why creating your bathroom cleaning kit is necessary
Bathrooms are one of the most essential places in our homes. They are where we start and end our days. We use them for necessities but also for relaxation and pampering. Because they see so much activity, it’s important to keep them clean and clutter-free.
You may think that you can get by without having a bathroom cleaning kit, but trust us – bathroom cleaning is so much easier when you have all the right tools at your disposal. By putting together a bathroom cleaning kit, you’ll be able to clean your bathroom quickly and efficiently. Not to mention, it’ll make the whole process less daunting!
Steps on how to make your bathroom clean
Creating your bathroom cleaning kit is pretty simple. You probably already have most of the supplies that you need lying around your house. All you need to do is gather them and put them in one place. You should do the following:
- Get a toilet brush and holder to scrub the bowl clean and get rid of any dirt or grime that has built up.
- Set aside enough time to clean your bathroom properly. Depending on the size and condition of your bathroom, this could take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
- Make sure to clean and disinfect your bathroom cleaning supplies regularly.
- Use your bathroom cleaning kit often to keep your bathroom looking and smelling fresh.
Besides, below we gathered the step-by-step guide for your easy bathroom cleaning.
Upgrade your basic bathroom cleaning supplies
The first step is to prepare all the necessary tools for cleaning your bathroom quickly and effectively. Here is the list of supplies you can purchase for this job:
- Get a toilet brush and holder to scrub the bowl clean, and get rid of any dirt or grime that has built up.
- Get a bathroom cleaner that suits your needs. There are many different types on the market. Find one that suits your needs and that you feel comfortable using.
- Get a scrub brush to clean many different surfaces in your bathroom. Use it to scrub tile, grout, or any other hard-to-clean areas. Choose some with different sizes for small and large surfaces.
- Get a handheld vacuum cleaner to clean up any dust or dirt accumulated in your bathroom. Be sure to get one that is powerful enough to handle the job.
- Get a squeegee to remove water from shower doors or walls after you have cleaned them. It will help prevent water spots from forming.
- Get some microfiber towels, as they are perfect for bathroom cleaning. They are soft and absorbent, so they will not scratch surfaces. Be sure to get a few different sizes to accommodate different cleaning jobs.
- Disinfectant wipes are perfect for quick touch-ups in between deep cleanings. They help wipe down surfaces, fixtures, and even toilets.
- Gloves protect your hands from harsh chemicals and cleaners. They also keep your hands clean while you’re scrubbing away at bathroom dirt and grime.
Keep all remedies in spray bottles
The easiest way to use all chemicals is to put them into spray bottles. It helps speed up the process but also protects them from spillage. Choose several types of cleaners for different purposes:
- All-purpose cleaner: It is a versatile product that is effective on multiple surfaces in your bathroom, including countertops, sinks, bathtubs, and showers.
- Glass cleaner: For streak-free mirrors and shiny tiles, glass cleaner is a must.
- Toilet bowl cleaner: Keep your toilet clean and sanitary with a good cleaner.
- Tub and shower cleaner: These products have the formula to cut through soap scum and mildew on bathroom surfaces.
Sanitize all surfaces in the bathroom
Sanitizing is one of the most essential steps in your bathroom cleaning kit. It will protect all surfaces from bacteria and save your health. Follow these steps:
- Wash all bathroom surfaces with a mild soap and water solution.
- Start by cleaning the toilet. It is usually the dirtiest part of the bathroom, so it is important to give it a good scrub. Be sure to use a cleaner that is specifically designed for toilets and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Next, move on to the sink and countertops. Wipe down surfaces with a damp sponge or rag, using your bathroom cleaner as needed.
- Then follow the same actions with the bathroom. Use a sponge or middle-size scrubber and cleaner to wash it properly.
- Spray bathroom cleaner on the shower walls and door and allow it to sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or brush.
- Next, use an antibacterial or disinfectant cleaner or wipes for all surfaces.
- Then rinse them with clean water.
- Wipe down all bathroom fixtures, such as the sink, faucet, and mirror, with a clean, damp cloth.
- Dry all surfaces with a clean towel.
Tip: If you have a hot tub or whirlpool bath, use chemicals that are designed for cleaning these devices. Don’t forget to clean properly all jets and filters. Also, test the water for chemical balance. If you want to find a small hot tub model for your bathroom, read this Byrossi review.
Try glass cleaner not only for mirror
Glass cleaner is not just for windows, you can also use it:
- On bathroom mirrors and glass shower doors.
- For cleaning bathroom tiles.
- For wiping taps and steel parts.
Glass cleaner can make your bathroom look shiny and new in just a few minutes, and you will be amazed by the result. Be sure to choose a streak-free formula for the best results.
Destroy all dust and dirt when doing the bathroom cleaning
Start with the basics: dust, dirt, and fingerprints. Use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe surfaces clean. An all-purpose bathroom cleaner is suitable for most surfaces.
Tub and tile: scrub mildew with a bathroom cleaning kit that contains a bathroom cleaner and a grout brush.
Use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl clean. Be sure to also clean under the rim. A bathroom cleaning kit that contains a bathroom cleaner and toilet brush are ideal for this task.
Don’t forget the details like shower doors, faucets, and drains. Use a bathroom cleaning kit that contains a bathroom cleaner and grout brush to scrub away soap scum and mildew.
Clean windows and mirrors with a bathroom cleaning kit that contains a glass cleaner and microfiber cloth.
Fight soap scum with vinegar
Soap scum is the biggest enemy of the purity of your bathroom. There are many remedies and advice on how to get rid of it. But the cheapest and tried and tested method is by using a vinegar mixture. There are many recipes, one of them is the following:
Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle, then spritz it on soap-scum-covered areas. Let the solution sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it with a sponge or brush. Rinse with clean water when you’re finished.
Vacuum and wash the floor
Start by vacuuming or sweeping the bathroom floor to eliminate any dirt, dust, and hair. Then, wash the floor with hot soapy water and a mop. You can also use a disinfectant solution to mop the floor. Be sure to get into all the corners and crevices. Rinse the floor with clean water and dry it with a towel or mop.
So, there you have it — following these seven essential steps will help ensure that your bathroom cleaning kit is up to the task of keeping it clean and inviting. You now have all the tools you need to create your own bathroom cleaning kit! Don’t forget to restock your supplies as needed, and always be sure to keep safety in mind when using any cleaning products. Happy cleaning!