If you’ve never had bong water spilled on your carpet, you have no idea how bad it smells. If you have, you’ll understand what we’re talking about. The smell of stale bong water drenching your carpets is worse than any stale cigarette odor, really!
The good news is that, with a little know-how, and a few hours, you can knock that bong water stank out like it never existed. But how to clean bong water out of carpet? We’ve already provided a similar guide on how to clean lotion out of carpet.
In this article, Cleaners Advisor has made an effort to tell you the dangers of bong water on carpets. Then you’ll learn the steps of how to clean bong water out of carpet, along with other alternatives you can use if you don’t have the products and materials needed to get rid of that dirty bong water.
Why You Need to Know “How to Clean Bong Water Out of Carpet”?
Bong water is undoubtedly familiar to you, but this Dirty water might get you sick. Dirty water is a haven for bacterial growth and bong water is no different.
It can become a breeding environment for bacteria if left untreated. In stagnant water, diseases such as E. Coli and Hepatitis A can be found (1).
Materials and Tools Needed
You need to keep these materials and tools in hand to help you clean bong water out of carpet.
- Baking Soda
- Spray Bottle
- Handheld Vacuum
- Warm Water
- Air Freshener
- Carpet Cleaner
- Carpet Shampooer
- Essential Oils
How to Clean Bong Water Out of Carpet?
If you really want to keep the stank at bay, take a few minutes out of your day and follow the steps below.
1. Gently scrape up any bits of resin that may have spilled out. You don’t want to grind any of this into the carpet any farther than it is. A handheld vacuum is best, but if you’re feeling extremely masochistic, you could scrape it up with something flat or do it by hand (like the edge of a dustpan).
2. Blot the bong water with a towel. Pull the wetness out of the carpet and into the towel with as much pressure as possible.
3. Get the white vinegar ready! If you have a spray bottle, fill it halfway with vinegar and spray the damp area of the carpet with it. This will help in removing the odor. You can soak a paper towel and press it into the carpet if you don’t have a spray bottle.
4. After rinsing the area with warm water, blot dry with a towel once more. Apply as much pressure as possible.
5. Sprinkle enough baking soda over the whole area, then allow it to sit on the damp area for a few hours. After that, vacuum up the baking soda and sniff the carpet.
6. Repeat the process if the area still smells like bong water. It could take two or three times, depending on how much you spilled and how stale it was before the smell is completely gone.
You can use your favorite Air Freshener scent to keep the air smelling nice while you wait for the carpet to smell fresh again.
Check out this video to know exactly how to clean bong water out of carpet.
Other Alternatives to Clean Bong Water Out of Carpet
If you don’t have the materials and products needed to apply the process aforementioned, here are some other alternatives that will help to clean bong water out of carpet.
1. Resolve Carpet Cleaner
This is a good option if you have a can of Resolve carpet cleaner on hand. Soak up the water from the bong as usual and follow the instructions on the can. Repeat 2-3 times more until the scent is no longer noticeable.
Even better, if you have a good carpet cleaner made specifically for pet messes, it will have the bacteria-murdering enzyme action. It’s got what carpets crave!
2. Rent A Carpet Shampooer
You can rent a carpet shampooer like Rug Doctor from the grocery store and clean all of your carpets at the same time. But don’t be fooled: you don’t need to buy their expensive cleaner to use it.
Purchase a less expensive carpet cleaner from another aisle of the store and it should work. Look for one that has enzymes to help remove any leftover germs or bacteria in the carpet.
3. Essential Oils and Air Fresheners
Essential oils and air fresheners can help cover the smell of bong water, but they won’t completely eliminate it. These are best used as a temporary fix until you can get to the store for a more permanent cleaning solution.
How to Clean Bong Water Out of Carpet FAQ
To Wrap Up
You now know how to clean bong water out of carpet, it’s a common problem that can be easily fixed. It’s often easy to remove if the right steps are taken.
All you have to do is to act as soon as possible, and never leave the dirty bong water unattended for too long, as it will be more difficult to remove if it has stayed on your carpet for too long.
Share your tips and tricks on how to clean bong water out of carpet with Cleaners Advisor in the comments below and let me know how you get on below in the comments!