When the carpeting in your Jeep is extra dirty, you start searching for how to clean jeep carpet. It’s not that difficult. Although you will have to manually do some cleaning and scrubbing, it’s not so laborious.
In this Cleaners Advisor guide, we’ll show you the best method for how to clean jeep carpet with no hassle! And then, it’ll be sparkling clean and super fresh!
And we get it, you don’t have the time to deep clean your jeep carpet every week. But if you follow all the steps to the end of this article, you will not have to!
Why You Need to Know “How to Clean Jeep Carpet”?
Cleaning your jeep’s carpet regularly is a good way to keep it clean. It tracks a lot of dirt, filth, dust, and other particles each day, and these particles eventually settle inside your carpet (1).
So it’s important to learn how to clean jeep carpet in order to remove spots, dirt, and stains properly. Additionally, this will help to deodorize foul smells.
Materials and Tools Needed
If you’re wondering how to clean jeep carpet, make sure you have these tools and materials that will help you in this process:
- Car Vacuum Cleaner
- Carpet Shampoo/ Dish Soap
- Car Carpet Cleaner
- Water Hose
How to Clean Jeep Carpet?
cleaning jeep carpet by yourself only involves simple steps. Here’s how to clean jeep carpet:
1. Remove the jeep’s seats and carpet and put them to the side.
2. Now that the carpet and seats are out, pull the drain plugs. You may not have drain plugs if you own a Jeep Wagoneer, Cherokee, or another model.
3. Cover your steering wheel, dash, and electronics with plastic. Tape it down, making sure no water gets beneath the plastic and ruins your electronics. Although you will not directly hit this area with water, you should be careful.
4. Remove dirt, dust, and debris with a vacuum cleaner. The crevice tool is handy here to get down the back of the seats. The upholstery attachment can help in removing grime that has become lodged deep inside the fibers. You can check the best vacuums for car detailing that you can also use when cleaning the jeep carpet.
5. Using a water hose and light to moderate pressure, rinse off the mud, dirt, and grime still inside the floorboards and down the Jeep’s open drains. Continue to spray until the water coming off the carpet is clean.
6. If you don’t have drain plugs, this is where you should clean the dirt from the floorboards. Even if you rinsed everything with a hose, there will still be some dirt to remove.
7. You can mix hot water and carpet shampoo or dish soap in a bucket next and use that with a stiff brush to scrub down all the carpet. Repeat the hose step until the water was no longer coming off.
You can use a car carpet cleaner instead to clean the jeep carpet. Just follow the manufacturer’s advice, as each product is different. You can also check the best car carpet cleaner choices to help you get the jeep carpet clean.
8. If the carpet still looks dirty, repeat all of the above steps. Some carpets may need going over a few times.
9. Open the jeep doors and leave the carpets completely dry or you can let them air dry outside the jeep. To speed the process up, you may want to use fans and blow air towards the carpets or you can park the car in a bright sunny spot.
Here’s how to clean jeep carpet properly.
How to Clean Jeep Carpet FAQ
To Wrap Up
Now that you know the best method of how to clean jeep carpet, you’ll be super wowed by the results!
While this may take some time, it’s super satisfying and totally worth it. Additionally, once you’ve deep cleaned, it doesn’t need to be done again for a while as long as you maintain it!
Want to add any tricks on how to clean jeep carpet? Share them with Cleaners Advisor and let us know in the comments box below!