Published by Hala Zaqqout on February 26, 2023
We understand how much pet owners love their feline friends and tolerate their mood swings. Scratching, spraying, peeing, and scattering all over the vinyl floors, on the other hand, can drive anyone insane!
Yes, this situation is very frustrating, especially when you’re swamped with your daily cleaning tasks.
A common problem here is how to clean pet urine from vinyl plank flooring. If you’re already facing this problem, you’ve come to the right place. Cleaners Advisor has made an effort to provide you with a detailed guide of how to clean pet urine from vinyl plank flooring so you can keep your floors and home looking beautiful.
We’ve also covered a similar cleaning guide like how to clean cat litter dust from floor, the best vacuums you can use, the smells deter cats from peeing, make sure to check them out.
Why You Need to Know “How to Clean Pet Urine from Vinyl Plank Flooring”?
If you’ve ever had a pet, you know that housebreaking can take a long time and a lot of effort. Unfortunately, animals will have accidents on floors from time to time, but it is important that you remove the urine from your floors immediately to avoid major health effects.
The following are some of the potential damage of pet urine on floors.
1. The strong and dangerous ammonia smell.
2. The growth of bacteria and other microorganisms.
3. The potential for dangerous mold.
Materials and Tools Needed
You should keep these products and materials in hand when cleaning pet urine from vinyl plank flooring.
- Enzyme cleaner
- Old rag
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Spray Bottle
- Paper Towels
How to Clean Pet Urine from Vinyl Plank Flooring?
if you follow these steps on how to clean pet urine from vinyl plank flooring, you’ll have a clean flooring in no time:
A. Fresh Pet Urine
Pet urine and feces can etch vinyl flooring, so cleaning them up is important. The good news is that most non-abrasive cleaners are safe to use on this type of flooring.
1. To clean up the mess, throw a few paper towels on top, wait for them to absorb the liquids, then put on your rubber gloves or put your hand through a plastic bag.
2. Wipe the area with a disinfecting cloth until it’s completely saturated, then repeat the process, allowing the area to air dry. Instead, you can also use homemade floor cleaner which also disinfects.
B. Old Pet Urine
There are a few steps to cleaning old stains. In addition to cleaning the area, you must also remove the remaining urine odor to avoid your pet from soiling the area again and the odor from spreading throughout your home.
If the vinyl doesn’t have any cracks or hasn’t lost its protective coating, you can easily treat the area with household items.
1. Enzyme Cleaners
– It’s important to clean up your pet’s urine as soon as possible. Take a few paper towels and absorb the urine puddle with them. You should be able to get all of it if you caught it early enough, and the only thing left to do is get rid of the odor.
Here’s how to clean pet urine from vinyl plank flooring using the enzyme cleaners:
– To apply the enzyme cleaner to the area you’re cleaning, follow the instructions on the bottle. Allow it to sit for a few minutes for the best results.
– Clean up the enzyme cleaner with an old rag in the final step. Scrubbing the vinyl planks will likely cause more damage.
2. White Vinegar and Baking Soda
White vinegar is a great alternative to enzyme cleaners if you’ve never heard of them or haven’t gotten around to buying one up from the shop. It’s not just in most cleaning cupboards, but it’s also commonly used to remove stains and odors.
Here’s how to clean pet urine from vinyl plank flooring using white vinegar and baking soda:
– Pick up any excess urine and feces with the paper towels while wearing the rubber gloves and dispose of them properly. The gloves will help to protect against bacteria.
– Using the broom, sweep the area to remove any excess dirt and dust. This will give you the best possible access to any stains.
– Mix together the cup of vinegar, the dishwashing detergent, and warm water in a bucket. Use the long spoon to stir, being careful not to make too many suds. But NEVER mix vinegar with bleach, as it will create chlorine gas.
– Scrub the stain with a soft-bristled brush dipped in the mixture. After that, rinse with clean water. If the stain remains, move to the following step, which is more abrasive.
– Mix equal parts of water and baking soda to create a paste. Allow the paste to dry for 10 to 15 minutes after applying it to the stained area. Scrub with an abrasive sponge, then dry with a clean cloth. Finally, use a clean towel soaked in rubbing alcohol to scrub the area.
How to Clean Pet Urine from Vinyl Plank Flooring FAQ
To Wrap Up
Usually, the better plan is to take measures to prevent the urine from spilling out rather than clean it. Follow this simple method for cleaning pet urine from vinyl flooring, and you’ll have gleaming floors again!
You can leave a comment below sharing your experience with Cleaners Advisor on how to clean pet urine from vinyl plank flooring, we’d like to hear from you!
If you’re into Video guides, here’s a video that can help you with mastering how to clean pet urine from vinyl plank flooring: