Accidental spillage can occur at any time inside the household, but vomit is always different.
It’s hard on the stomach, produces a bad-smelling odor, and disturbs the peace of the house’s environment.
That’s why you should be able to know How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors, as you’ll be able to restore peace to your house’s environment, in no time.
In this Cleaners Advisor guide, I’ll explain in full detail why you should know How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors and provide multiple step-by-step methods that carry you towards the same goal.
Theoretically speaking, our Cleaners Advisor guides provide economic options to choose from, instead of the 500$+ options.
Why You Need to Know How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors
Practically speaking, attending to any form of vomit, whether it’s normal vomiting or children/pet’s, should be carried out perfectly.
This means knowing the right tools, the right methods, choosing the economical ones, and carrying them out in a timely manner.
All of that, and more, increases the need to know exactly when and How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors.
Luckily, I’ll provide that in detail shortly.
What Items You Need While Cleaning Vomit Off Hardwood Floors
- Disposable Trash Bag.
- Disposable Gloves.
- Protective Mask.
- A Tablespoon.
- White Vinegar.
- Warm Water.
- Pieces of Dry Clothes.
- Baking Soda.
- Medium-Sized Towel.
- Vacuum Cleaner.
Elephant in the Room: How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors
Always start cleaning vomit, whether it is on furniture or on the floors, by getting rid of as much vomit as possible.
Use disposable materials on the get-go, like gloves and trash bags.
Then, use a tablespoon to get as much vomit off the hardwood floor, and then use a dry cloth to take away the rest of the vomit.
Unfortunately, this only gets rid of most of the vomit, but not all of it.
Therefore, you should do a spot-cleaning using items and equipment available at most households, so you don’t have to pay the expensive cost of other alternatives.
How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors: The Simple Answer
- Create a solution of White Vinegar & Warm water with a ratio of 1/3 white vinegar to 1 liter of warm water.
- Dip a sponge mop into the white vinegar solution, and start creating a circular motion over the vomit spot, and repeat the motion for 15-20 times.
- Rinse the solution with another dry cloth dampened in cold water, to get rid of the residue left there.
- Do another round of drying but with a dry cloth only this time.
- You can use an air refresher to get rid of the remaining bad-smelling odor.
How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors: Another Economical Method
- Create a thick paste by mixing baking soda with enough water.
- Use the paste to cover the vomit area on the hardwood floors.
- Cover the paste with a dry cloth.
- Let the paste dissolve in that area overnight.
- Vacuum and dry afterward in the morning.
How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors: Enzyme Cleaners
Maybe you’re not a believer in enzyme cleaners after all, but it’s a decent option, to begin with.
But here’s how you can use enzyme cleaners to counter vomit on the hardwood floors.
- Use any type of enzyme cleaner over the vomit spot.
- Use a Paper towel or a dry cloth to scrub the enzyme cleaner over the spot.
- Repeat when necessary.
- You can use dish soap as an alternative too.
How to Clean Vomit Off Hardwood Floors FAQ
To Wrap Up
No one likes the smell of vomit, and no one wants that vomit lying there on the hardwood floors melting it down by the minute.
Therefore, this guide provided multiple methods and ways on how to clean vomit off hardwood floors, and they’re easy to execute, since you have nearly all the items and equipment you need for the operation inside your house.
In case you have any other questions, you can leave them in the comments section below.