Published by Ahmad Jamal on April 18, 2023
Who wouldn’t like to obtain On Cloud shoes that are literally on top of the shoes world nowadays?
However, with great power comes great responsibility according to “Spider-Man”, therefore, you need to know how to clean on cloud shoes properly, to increase its durability, and make sure it lasts as long as you’d like it to last.
We know that On Cloud shoes aren’t that expensive, and they’re as comfortable as athletes love them to be.
However, athletes tend to wear them more often, and that means they require consistent maintenance, preferably whenever they take them off after taking a walk or going for a long run.
In this CleanersAdvisor guide, we’ll discuss why those shoes are special, how to clean on cloud shoes, step by step explanation of each cleaning method, and an FAQ section at the end of the guide.
Why Are On Cloud Shoes Special?
According to online reviews gathered by the CleanersAdvisor team, On Cloud Shoes provide superior grip and performance for athletes, at a pretty reasonable price.
The molded heel provides a secure fit on the foot, and manufacturers use the so-called “Speedboard tech” that helps generate energy upon landing your foot in forward motion.
In addition to that, mastering how to clean on cloud shoes isn’t as hard as it may sound, as we’ll provide you with easy-to-execute cleaning methods.
How to Clean On Cloud Shoes
As we previously expressed, it isn’t a hard task to master how to clean on cloud shoes, and the method in which you’ll clean them depends on how dirty the shoes are, and what kind of dirt they are exposed to.
Speaking of dirt, your shoes will be exposed to two different dirt types, dirt on the outside that comes from nature like mud, dust, dirt, and other debris, while the other dirt type comes from the inside, from your feet’s sweat, blood, rubbing oils and more.
Here’s how to clean on cloud shoes:
1. Fast Dirt-Removing with a Brush
Sometimes you don’t have much time to clean your on cloud shoes, but it’s necessary and there isn’t much dirt to deal with, then this method suits you the most.
Start by clapping the shoes together sole to sole, so the dirt stuck outside can be removed without much effort.
Afterward, let the shoes dry most of the dirt by putting it in a well-ventilated area, so that the wet dirt dries out, and becomes easier to deal with.
All that’s left is using an old toothbrush and removing the build ups of dirt, mud, and debris on the shoes, as a fast cleaning method.
This method is the fastest to get your shoes ready as soon as possible, and won’t require much effort.
Next method includes deep cleaning.
2. Hand Washing On Cloud Shoes
Follow this step by step instructions to complete hand washing your on cloud shoes properly:
- Start by removing the laces and insoles.
- Use a water source to wash off debris.
- Put everything in a bucket and fill it with warm water.
- Use the toothbrush and clean any type of dirt that’s left on the shoes, reach deep corners and hard to reach areas alongside your shoes and heels.
- Give the insoles gentle squeezes, and rub the laces gently with your hands.
- Let the shoes drain in another empty bucket (or the sink), then squeeze it to remove excess water.
- Let the shoes dry in a well-ventilated area, while scrunched up paper can be put inside the shoe to speed up the drying process.
- Leave them to dry for at least 24 hours.
Watch this video to have a closer look at cleaning running shoes properly
Can On Cloud Shoes Be Washed in Washing Machine
You may be wondering, can you put on cloud shoes in the washing machine? Yes you can.
However, we advise carrying out one of the two methods discussed earlier in this guide, to make sure we’re not risking the damage that can be inflicted to either the shoes or the washing machine.
If you’re keen on cleaning on cloud shoes with a washing machine, read through to the next section.
How to Clean On Cloud Shoes with a Washing Machine
- Remove debris and dirt on the shoes using one of the 2 methods we explained earlier.
- Wash the soles of the shoes with soapy water and a toothbrush.
- Place the insoles and laces inside a delicate bag.
- Place your shoes inside a pillowcase, tie the pillowcase well to make sure they don’t come out during the washing cycle.
- Use cold water only, and set the washing machine on the low speed spinning cycle.
- Use a gentle detergent only, refrain from using fabric conditioner.
- Start the washing machine, and wait until the washing cycle is over.
- Once it’s over, put scrunched up paper inside the shoe to speed up the drying process, while placing them in a well-ventilated area to dry up.
- Leave them to dry up for 24-36 hours to fully dry up, before using them again.
Additional Tips on How to Clean On Cloud Shoes
- Never use heated water in the washing machine.
- Never use heat to dry the shoes, let them dry naturally.
- Refrain from using abrasive brushes.
- Brush carefully, and refrain from brushing with force.
How to Clean On Cloud Shoes FAQs
To Wrap Up
On Cloud shoes are some of the finest on the market, and this guide explained in depth How to Clean On Cloud Shoes in 3 different methods.
You can use a fast method, a hand-wash method, or a washing machine method.
If you have any other methods in mind, ask us in the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.